Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

5 things I'm excited about in July

Happy July 5th, which I know isn't a holiday, but since that's the date, here are five things I'm excited about in July. I'm doing my best to get back to blogging on a regular basis and hope to do a monthly things I'm looking forward to and a recap.

1. The Big Sick (July 14) - this real-life based rom com looks so good and if it were playing near me now I'd have already seen it. My fingers are crossed that when it opens in wide release July 14 it will come to my area.

2. The release of my new book On Fire: Erotic Romance Stories (July 18)- truth be told, I'm even more excited about the copies I ordered along with my author copies landing on my doorstep, which I'm told will happen next week, and sending them out to authors. That's the most exciting moment of a book release because for me that's the moment I know a book is real. I get to hold it in my hands, see the cover not as pixels on a screen but paper that's going to be sent to bookstores all across the country at any moment. This is actually the ebook release date; the Rose Caraway narrated audiobook will publish soon thereafter and the print book hits stores August 8. It's the first time my publisher is releasing one of my books on different dates for different formats, so I'm curious to see how that goes. Also through July 17, those in the U.S. can enter to win an autographed copy from me at Goodreads.

On the book front, I'm also doing the most painstaking part of the anthology process, making sure copyedits are correct so Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 3, which pubs November 21, is as perfect as it can be, and I'm preparing to embark on a self-publishing adventure with the rerelease of my 2007 anthology Sex and Candy, with a new, hotter cover and new stories.

on-fire-erotic-romance-fireworks

3. My boyfriend's play - Every summer, my boyfriend co-directs a play for three nights in Princeton, New Jersey. This summer, July 20, 21 and 22 his company Chimera Productions is putting on the comedy Dead Man's Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl. Learn more and watch a funny video at their Indiegogo campaign and donate if you'd like to. I'll be there all three nights if you want to join me; every show of theirs I've seen has been excellent and I expect this one to be too. You can also get tickets at the door at 7:30 each night (shows are at 8 p.m.) for $15. Follow Chimera on Facebook for news and photos.

deadmanscellphone

4. My first bachelorette party - I'll be heading to New Orleans the last weekend of July for my first bachelorette party. I have no idea what to expect but I'll be going with my cousin; the bride is a family friend.

5. Seeing Shawn Colvin - I'll round out the month by seeing her on the night of July 31st. On my own, which I think is how I saw her the last time. She's one of my favorite songwriters and I'd also go to her 20th anniversary A Few Small Repairs tour if I was available.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home