Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, April 17, 2016

BDSM oral history: find out what inspired 71-year-old erotica author Dorothy Freed's story "Two Doms for Dinner" in this podcast interview

I've written before about the power of bringing people together via erotica, which I believe can happen online and offline. In this case, it was a combination of the two: after our January San Francisco Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1 reading at Good Vibrations, two of the book's contributors, Rose Caraway and Dorothy Freed, met and connected.

rosedorothypic

As Rose puts it:
Dorothy Freed stands at not-quite 5 feet tall and she is 71 years old. She’s tougher than nails and is as hospitable and classy as can be. She is a submissive who knows what she wants, and when it comes to her incredible writing, she pulls from actual events from her past. (In Best Women’s Erotica, her story; ‘Two Doms for Dinner’ is based on true events.) I asked Dorothy about herself and as she spoke, I knew that her voice, her words, her STORY had to be heard by more than just me.
This is an amazing, inspiring interview, which you can listen to by clicking below or going here (and I strongly encourage you to subscribe to Rose's Sexy Librarian podcast in iTunes to hear all her wonderful interviews with erotica authors) about a single mother who finds a new way of life via BDSM and sexual exploration, and goes on to write about it. On a personal level, it helped remind me that my work doesn't just exist in products to be sold and measured by such sales, but in bringing people together, in ways that can reverberate far and wide. It reminded me that words don't just exist on the page, but are part of our souls and our lifeblood. The words we pen are part of how we bond with others, how we make sense of the world around us and our place in it, and you can hear that as Rose and Dorothy talk.

Sexy Librarian's Header


I will give you a brief excerpt from what was a crowd favorite at our reading, Dorothy's story "Two Doms for Dinner," which is indeed about the one female narrator enjoying two men dominating her at once. I strongly encourage you to read (or listen to) the story in full!
From "Two Doms for Dinner" by Dorothy Freed

“Well isn’t this a sight to behold,” Sir says, reaching down to tease the crack of my ass. I arch my back slightly and sigh with pleasure. By now my legs begin trembling and I’m ordered to rise and present myself—legs apart, shoulders back, hands behind my head. I stand proud, smiling, knowing the pose makes my breasts stand out. Charles is eating me up with his eyes. Sir cuffs my wrists and attaches them to chains that hang from the ceiling.

“I’ve laid out some of my favorite toys,” he tells Charles, indicating the various implements of pleasure spread out on his desk. “I’m going to give D a warm-up with some of these toys and show you how she responds to them. Feel free to join in. The more the merrier.”

He begins with the small rubber whip, which is actually my favorite, dangling it over my breasts, whipping them lightly and making my nipples even harder than they already are. Behind me Charles’s big, warm hands slide down over my back and rear before delivering a series of smacks to my asscheeks.

The two Doms switch positions. Sir moves behind me, spanking me with the long-handled leather paddle, which makes a loud slapping sound as it strikes. Charles, facing my front, gazes into my eyes as he tweaks my nipples and then amuses himself by lightly slapping my breasts, making them swing back and forth. “Ohhh, Sirs,” I moan, as the sensations intensify.

“She responds well to nipple clamps. Try the small red ones,” Sir suggests.

“Excellent idea, don’t mind if I do.” With an evil grin Charles clips each of my nipples, teasing them with his fingers. My breasts begin to tingle; they feel lit up from the inside out.
Read the rest of "Two Doms for Dinner" in Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1, available from the following online retailers - if you liked the above interview, I highly recommend listening to Rose Caraway read all 22 sexy stories in the audiobook:

BWEOfThe Year_approved

Amazon (print)

Kindle

Barnes & Noble (print)

Nook

Powells

Books-a-Million

IndieBound (find your nearest local bookstore)

Cleis Press

Amazon UK (print)

Amazon UK Kindle

Amazon Canada (print)

Amazon Canada Kindle

Want to shop local and support independent bookstores and sex toy stores? Check out IndieBound linked above and you can click here for a full shopping list of stores I know have the book (those stores all have my endless gratitude and are ones I've shopped from and will shop from if I'm nearby and encourage you to shop from).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home