Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Over sharing

I've been pretty quiet on my blog and social media the last few weeks, save for the occasional Instagram photo and crowdsourcing and article sharing. It's something I, who used to be quite the oversharer, am still grappling with. The last few weeks, and much of 2016, really, have been challenging in a lot of ways that I'm still sorting out. They're things that aren't well suited to dashing off an immediate update for all the world (or even a small subset of it). I'm slowly trying to write about it and figure out how to get back on track with all areas of my life.

Nothing is drastically wrong, don't worry, but that is part of the problem I keep circling back to: sharing anything about my life that's not grand and glorious and exciting can bring an onslaught of concern that I'm also not that equipped to deal with at the moment. In short, I'm trying, both in writing and in real life. Trying sounds, perhaps, half-hearted or weak or lazy, but for me, it's not. It's about recognizing what I am capable of and what I'm not and adjusting my life accordingly. I realize maybe addressing the change in output so vaguely doesn't really offer that much, yet I wanted to because I know I haven't really been as active as I could be. I may return to that level of activity soon, but it may be a while or, frankly, never. I do still plan to post things, but the majority of that is about work projects that are occupying the bulk of my attention and time. One of the things I'm working on in every area of my life is doing it anyway, even when I'm not sure what my next steps will be, even when I'm nervous or scared or uncertain.

I do have a lot I hope to write, and a lot of plans and projects in various stages of fruition, but these days, it's all about what comes immediately next, what I need to do to best look after myself. I've scaled back in a lot of ways, including my social life, such as it is, to really dig deep and work on myself. So that's what I'm up to when I'm not writing or editing or teaching or consulting, which, along with my relationship, are where I'm focused these days. It may mean I'm far more boring online than I once was, but if that's the worst thing I have to deal with, I am more than happy to embrace putting people to sleep with my dullness. That's more of a warning than an apology, but I do hope you'll keep reading.