Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, January 22, 2015

A mother daughter review of my debut book Sex & Cupcakes

This writer's dream is to move people with her words, so I can only say a giant thank you to Oleander Plume and her 19-year-old daughter Quinn for sharing the dialogue between them about sex, sex education and sparked by reading my ebook Sex & Cupcakes: A Juicy Collection of Essays. They also each review the book, but their truly honest, open intergenerational discussion was so enlightening. I can only hope that someday I will be in a position to raise a child in such a sex-positive, honest way. It truly made my month and I gave them a shoutout in my essay "Sorry, But I'm Not A Sexpert" at Thought Catalog. Here's a snippet of what Quinn wrote, which is a stark picture of what modern sex education is like:
In high school, the biggest emphasis was abstinence. They told us about these magical things called birth control pills and condoms, then said neither were 100% effective. To further ensure that we wouldn’t have sex, they whammied us with the a short film showing the “miracle of giving birth”, then showed us delightful pictures of genitalia oozing with herpes and other types of STDs. I didn’t know about all the different types of birth control until I attended a seminar in college, and oddly enough, my friend just told me that she just found out about IUD’s. I think teens are hesitant to ask about other preventative measures, or sex in general, because of the bad stigma associated with it.
bloodcropped21

Please read their post, and if you haven't, please check out my ebook Sex & Cupcakes (no, you do NOT need a Kindle to read it! You can read on your phone, laptop, etc.): Sex&Cupcakes

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home