Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, November 01, 2014

How to get a free copy of my essay collection Sex & Cupcakes this month

Happy November! It's my birthday month, which even though there's a lot riding on the next year, because 40 feels more like a deadline than a number, I'm excited to celebrate. I'm in the midst of teaching my first online class at LitReactor, and I finally after all these years became an author with my ebook Sex & Cupcakes. I cannot say enough good things about Thought Catalog Books, who I encourage you to check out if you have an ebook in you and if you like to read, and can't wait to have a book party in New York.

Sex&Cupcakes

I used to throw book parties all the time; I thought if you went to the trouble of editing a book with your name front and center on the cover, you and it deserved a party. Almost 60 anthologies later, I realized that what I wanted even more was for people to read my work, to enjoy and connect with it. The past few years, especially after In The Flesh ended, I've focused on teaching and spreading the word about my books online. The truth is, most of the time, despite my inner social butterfly, I like being alone. I like having the time and space to sort out my thoughts. It's exciting and scary to feel like all eyes are on you, or at least, on what you've put out there. I was the most worried about protecting my relationship, while also exposing some of its secrets and inner life. It can feel like all eyes are on you, and sometimes I'm okay with that, and sometimes it's jarring. Yes, it's my eyes looking out at you from the book cover, but really it's the other way around.

IMG_2228.JPG

But I also like connecting with people in real time, to seeing friends and making new ones, to hearing what people think. I hope this is a book that poly people (or poly-curious people) and fat people and their lovers and sex and erotica writers and pro-choice people and tattooed people will read, but really I hope it's a book anyone interested in sexuality and relationships will check out. I don't think you have to be like me in any of those ways to get something out of it.

Because this book is so deeply personal and such a milestone for me, and because of the generosity and kindness of both Sweet Revenge and Thought Catalog Books, I'm going to be sharing drinks and cupcakes with whoever wants to join us at the book party. That's happening Monday, November 17th, 6-8 pm, Sweet Revenge, 62 Carmine Street, NYC. Open bar from 6-7 and a free ebook for the first 25 attendees! And yes, cupcakes.

If you can't make the party (or even if you can), I've also got a special deal for you: from today, November 1st, through November 30th, you can get a free copy of Sex & Cupcakes from me. How? Just buy any of my Cleis Press titles, anywhere, in print or ebook or audiobook. Yes, any of the following titles, in any format, as long as it's a new copy purchased between November 1 and November 30. (For the early birds, these make great holiday gifts, at least, for certain giftees.)

Anything for You: Erotica for Kinky Couples; Baby Got Back: Anal Erotica; Best Bondage Erotica 2011; Best Bondage Erotica 2012; Best Bondage Erotica 2013; Best Bondage Erotica 2014; Best Sex Writing 2008; Best Sex Writing 2009; Best Sex Writing 2010; Best Sex Writing 2012; Best Sex Writing 2013; Between the Cheeks; The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories; The Big Book of Submission; Bottoms Up: Spanking Good Stories; Caught Looking: Erotic Tales of Voyeurs and Exhibitionists; Cheeky Spanking Stories; Crossdressing; Do Not Disturb: Hotel Sex Stories; Fast Girls; Flying High: Sexy Stories from the Mile High Club; Going Down: Oral Sex Stories; Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex; He's on Top: Erotic Stories of Male Dominance and Female Submission; Hide and Seek: Erotic Tales of Voyeurs and Exhibitionists; Hungry for More; Instruments of Pleasure: Sex Toy Erotica; Irresistible: Erotic Romance for Couples; Obsessed: Erotic Romance for Women; Only You: Erotic Romance for Women; Orgasmic; Passion; Peep Show; Please, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission; Please, Sir: Erotic Stories of Female Submission; Serving Him: Sexy Stories of Submission; She's on Top: Erotic Stories of Female Dominance and Male Submission; Smooth; Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica; Suite Encounters: Hotel Sex Stories; Surrender: Erotic Tales of Female Pleasure and Submission; Tasting Her: Oral Sex Stories; Tasting Him: Oral Sex Stories; Twice the Pleasure: Bisexual Women's Erotica; Women in Lust; Yes, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission; Yes, Sir: Erotic Stories of Female Submission

Then:

1. Forward the receipt (or send an image showing the receipt with purchase date) to rachelkb at gmail.com with "BOGO" in the subject line.

2. Tell me which email address to send the Kindle edition of Sex & Cupcakes (cannot send to @kindle.com addresses) and you'll get an email shortly afterward with it as a gift from me via Amazon.

That's it! Thought if you want to help make my birthday month extra special, leaving a short review on Amazon of Sex & Cupcakes would be fabulous - I'm aiming for 39 reviews by my 39th birthday!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home