Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 30, 2014

My 6 new erotica stories and 8 writing workshops to learn how to write and sell your own

Even though my mind is such that I tend to focus on the stories I didn't write and wish I had, it turns out that despite that tendency, I have written some stories that I'm excited about in some new and upcoming anthologies. Details of those are below. I've said before that one thing I love about the erotica genre is how welcoming it is to new writers; check out the new site Pillow Talk by erotica authors Tamsin Flowers, Malin James and Jade A. Waters for a taste of how they write. So I'm posting to let you know about these new stories and fabulous new books, but also because if you are interested in erotica, I want to encourage you to go for it. I'm teaching erotica writing workshops all over the country and hope you can join me; I tailor each one to be timely and encourage you to get your work to editors who are hungry to publish new authors ASAP. Yes, you could send something out now and have it published in an anthology in as little as a year. It's a heady feeling, and while that one sale won't bring you riches, it would cover the cost of my class and could lead to many other opportunities, especially if you keep writing. I know not all of you are in these cities, but if you know someone who is who might want to break into erotica, please let them know. It's my first time teaching at Sugar (Baltimore), Secret Pleasures (Washington, DC), Foundation for Sex Positive Culture (Seattle), Q Center (Portland, OR), and Early to Bed (Chicago), so I am especially looking forward to meeting many new writers.

July 23, 6;30 pm, Baltimore erotica writing workshop

July 26, 7 pm, Washington, DC erotica writing workshop - this class is limited to 20 people and filling up fast

September 9, 7-9 pm, Seattle erotica writing workshop

September 12, Los Angeles, erotica writing workshop (for CatalystCon attendees)

September 18, Portland, Oregon erotica writing workshop at the Q Center

September 28, 6:30-8 pm, Chicago erotica writing workshop

September 30, 8:30 pm, Milwaukee erotica writing workshop at The Tool Shed

October 24, 7:30-9 pm, New York erotica writing workshop

And here are the new books - enjoy!

slavegirlscover
Slave Girls: Erotic Stories of Submission
with my very kinky blindfolded in a hotel room (yes, I love blindfolds!) story "Out of Sight"

cantgetenough
Can't Get Enough: Erotica for Women

I've been reading and publishing stories by Tenille Brown for years so it's very exciting to see her publish her first anthology; looking forward to reading it! My threesome story "Under His Watch" is in this book.

boundfortroublecover
Bound for Trouble: BDSM Erotica for Women
with my nipple clamps and blindfold story "The Kissing Party"

shewhomustbeobeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed: Femme Dominant Erotica
- my story "Demo Model" is about a kinky demonstration

summerloving
Summer Loving: 20 Sultry Stories
This summer-themed anthology is a benefit for erotica writer Sommer Marsden, whose husband has cancer. Read more about it at Alison Tyler's blog - it is forthcoming from Excessica.

sexylibrarian
The Sexy Librarian's Big Book of Erotica

I love this cover so much and am extremely honored that my inspired-by-real-life story "Book Swap" opens this anthology by podcaster Rose Caraway, who is my favorite audiobook narrator and has made my audiobooks Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex and The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories such a gigantic success (I'll crunch the numbers on my July royalty check, but the Gotta Have It audiobook outsells the print and ebook combined many, many times over, which is pretty amazing, while my favorite of my books, The Big Book of Orgasms, has been holding steady on the Audible erotica bestseller list since two weeks after it debuted, all thanks to Rose's genius. I'll be reading with her from the book September 15th at awesome independent bookstore The Booksmith in San Francisco - stay tuned for details.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2014, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the name check, Rachel, on behalf of all of us at Pillow Talk! Erotica is certainly the most welcoming of genres - I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home