Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Using real life to inspire erotica stories

I recently wrote an erotica story that, if I'm lucky, will be published in an anthology next year (I'll keep you posted). I wrote it inspired by a flight I took from London to New York earlier this year. The best part is, I plan to use that flight as inspiration for another story. I don't want to spill all the details and give away the story, but I bet that in the course of every day, at least once, something happens, or you overhear or see something, that could inspire an erotica story. Want to hear more? Come to my class (and/or tell someone who want to write erotica or get their erotica published) that's happening this Friday night in Tribeca at the New York Academy of Sex Education (sign up at that link), 81 White Street, NYC. I wrote a guest post for them giving a little taste of what I teach in my classes (which also applies to my September 27th class at The Tool Shed in Milwaukee and my November 12th class at Self Serve Toys in Albuquerque).

For me, the moment when I convert the real-life event, sexual or otherwise, into a story idea, and then when I follow through and write the story, is my favorite part. It can involve taking the best or worst things that have happened to you and turning them into something that will entertain or inspire or resonate with readers. I've eroticized everything from dishwashing to bukkake to the most horrific play party experience I've ever had in my life (definitely wasn't consensual because I didn't know it was going to be happening!) into erotica stories, and so can you! Links to all my upcoming events on my calendar page, and if you're interested in booking me, email me at rachelkb at gmail.com with "Erotica workshop" in the subject line. I've taught my class at colleges (University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern University, SUNY Purchase), conferences and sex toy stores.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home