Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Easy to do (Fast Girls) and Let me be your slave (Please, Sir), or my German translations Leicht zu haben and Lass mich deine Sklavin sein

My first few days in my new home have not exactly gone as planned, between asthma, majorly stubbing my toe tripping down the stairs (I will spare you a visual how purple it is) and a sadly checkless mailbox, but I'm still so happy to be in a home with the most amazing boyfriend I could ask for, and basics like a bed, bathtub and wifi I did not have before. When times are tough financially I try to think of what I can do to fix that. I'm digging in to new articles and book projects, but am also sending out good vibes into the universe that foreign publishers like my books and buy them. There are 4 German translations in the works, two of which, of Fast Girls and Please, Sir are, according to Amazon, for sale. I'm hoping to get a copy in my hands by this summer. I wanted to share the US and German covers, so you can see the difference, but mostly, put it out there, for whatever it's worth, that I'd love some more foreign sales. Getting one was on my editorial bucket list for a long time so I'm very very grateful. It's one of those weird things that I really wanted to happen but had zero control over, other than wishing and hoping, and that finally worked. It's awesome, but if you're a control freak, it's very challenging to want something badly and have it be something so utterly out of your control. I know the only thing I can do is focus on creating the best anthologies I possibly can (I will put another plug here that I need more stories for all 3 new anthologies, deadlines are fast approaching). Through other anthologies I've written for, my writing has also been published in Italian, Japanese, and the language I come closest to being able to speak, Spanish (Kristina Wright's Best Erotic Romance, with my stripping story "Our Own Private Champagne Room," was just released as Bajo las sábanas.)

Next week at the Javits Center is Book Expo America, which I'll be skipping for the first time in 12 years, but maybe, just maybe, my books will catch someone's eye and another sale will happen and I will be that much further along the path to not pouncing on my mailbox every day and instead, focused on creating. In the meantime, it's still exciting and gratifying to know that readers in a language I don't speak can now read my dirty books. The rest, like so much, is out of my hands, but I'm doing my best to focus on what I can change, do, think and make happen. Moving was one step in the right direction. And I truly believe that the universe will reward you if you keep taking those steps. So, here's one very very teensy tiny one. Your move, universe.

germancover1
Google translate tells me Leicht zu haben: Heiße Stories means Easy to do: Hot Stories
Blurb via Amazon:
Sündige Storys – von Frauen für Frauen

Sie sind lüstern, frech und schamlos. Sie werden bewundert, kritisch beäugt oder begehrt. Manche rümpfen die Nase über sie und bezeichnen sie als »leicht zu haben«. Aber was man auch immer über die Heldinnen dieser prickelnden Story-Sammlung sagen kann, schwach sind sie nicht. Denn sie wissen ganz genau, was sie wollen – und wie sie es bekommen.

US cover:

fastcover
Fast Girls: Erotica for Women


Image.ashx
Google translate tells me Lass mich deine Sklavin sein: Heiße Stories means Let me be your slave: Hot Stories

Blurb via Amazon:
Fesselnde Begierde und unbedingte Hingabe an die Liebe

Sich zu unterwerfen, bedeutet nicht nur Kontrollverlust. Es ermöglicht auch, sich völlig fallen zu lassen und sich dem Partner ganz hinzugeben. Wenn man bereit ist, so viel Vertrauen zu geben, dann ist das der Weg zu den höchsten Gipfeln der Lust. Lassen Sie sich inspirieren, und verfolgen Sie die sinnlichsten Erlebnisse von Herrschaft und Unterwerfung. Denn beim Sex und in der Liebe ist alles erlaubt.

US cover:

pleasecover
Please, Sir: Erotic Stories of Female Submission

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home