Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Thank you, Kelly Writers House!

I'm in the midst of so many projects my to do lists have to do lists, but this week I got to teach an incredible erotic writing workshop at Kelly Writers House at the University of Pennsylvania, and I was so impressed with the students. It reinvigorated my love of writing erotica and made me remember when I was a fumbling, misplaced NYU law student discovering the world of sex-positive feminism and arranged for Lisa Palac to come to campus. I get so angry with myself so often for not writing, for having the idea and maybe getting a thousand or two or three words into a story and then putting it down, for not following my dreams, for assuming there is always something better/smarter/more competent out there, rather than going for broke, and if ever there was a time to just go for it, now is it. So I'm very grateful for these students for reminding me that I have something to say and that my mind is still full of ideas, as long as I sit down, for hours or days or weeks or months or years, tuning everything else out, and Do The Work. I hope I will soon have a book of short stories to share with you! But I also know that "hope" is probably the dumbest word to ever pair with writing. I will or I won't. I'll post here either way.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home