Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Want to read: The Accidental Creative

I read about The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice by Todd Berry in a guest post of his, "The Fallacy of Compartmentalization," which I found via Justine Musk and was totally intrigued. Lately, after a long period of dormancy, I'm finding myself filled with creative ideas again, and my ongoing challenge is seeing them through. I revert to seeing the flaws, the failures, or the overwhelmingness of the tasks ahead, and get sidetrack from the high of just using that creative burst to move forward.

From the post (bolding his):

The principle that I’d blown right past in my pursuit of creative invincibility was that each commitment I made, and each project I decided to take on, required something more of me than just my time. Each required my energy. And because I was not being strategic and purposeful about the number and nature of simultaneous commitments I was making, I soon found myself in energy debt. I was creatively inverted and no longer had enough energy to generate the ideas I needed just to keep my head above water.

When you are planning your life, you need to account for every commitment you make in every area.



Official description:

Have better ideas, faster, without the stress and burnout.

It isn't enough to just do your job anymore. In order to thrive in today's marketplace, all of us, regardless of our role, have to be ready to generate brilliant ideas on demand.

Business creativity expert Todd Henry explains how to establish effective practices that unleash your creative potential. Born out of his consultancy and his popular podcast, Henry has created a practical method for discovering your personal creative rhythm. He focuses on five key elements:

* Focus: Begin with your end goal in mind.
* Relationships: Build stimulating relationships and ideas will follow.
* Energy: Manage it as your most valuable resource.
* Stimuli: Structure the right "inputs" to maximize creative output.
* Hours: Focus on effectiveness, not efficiency.
This is a guide for staying inspired and experiencing greater creative productivity than you ever imagined possible.

Book trailer:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home