Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, November 22, 2008

My new book and publishing thoughts

Yesterday a box full of copies of Bedding Down arrived. That is always
a magical moment for me no matter what drama the book's production
took. Recently we put my planned Cleis book Nasty Habits (new Holy
Sex) on hold and it was one of the most freeing decisions I've made of
late. Rather than slog through a book that just wasn't coming together
and, worse, might sell poorly and tarnish the chances for my future
books, we set it aside. Added bonus: no rejection letters, the part
that makes me want to give up anthology editing forever.

I'm not proud of a lot of my decisions or work ethic this year, but
that was an utterly brilliant suggestion from my editor that freed up
my time and my mind. There are lots of books one could do, but I am
learning which are worth my while and which aren't, which sell and
which don't. I'm very curious to see in January whether my first book
trailer (for Spanked) had any impact at all on sales. For way too long
I thought it simply an honor to be published, rather than a strategic
business decision. Hopefully I figuring this stuff out as I go. I
never want to assume I know it all, but am willing to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home