Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Don't make me write the entire e-books myself!

So...the official deadline for my 2 e-books is fast approaching. I didn't do a giant public call preferring to stick to blogs so that I could court some newer writers.

And, well, I know the pay is pitiful. Next to nothing. And trust me, I feel awful about that. I feel bad about the fact that in my regular collections I can only pay $50 per story. On some level, I feel like no self-respecting writer should be asked to write for so little. On the other hand, well, erotica is not the field to go into to become rich. That would be non-fiction. Or well, something other than writing. That's just the reality, and I am eager to see how these e-books do, and glad that authors will share in the profits, which only happens once in a blue moon with a regular erotica book. So I hope to encourage new and experienced writers, and can even give you until Friday, October 3rd, as an extension, because I want these books to be as good as they can be. Also, I'm not getting as big an advance as I normally would. So it's an adventure and experiment for me, too, as I know next to nothing about e-books. I'm hoping to learn. So if you've been on the fence, please know that I'm gearing up my poor little pseudonyms to do some extra writing if I don't fill those story holes by next weekend, but I'd really rather publish your work.

I'm editing 2 new e-book anthologies for Ravenous Romance, to be published in December 2008.

For both: 1,500-3,000 words, Times or Times New Roman, double space, indent 1/2 an inch at start of each paragraph. Unpublished work only. All characters must be over 18; no incest or bestiality. All sexual orientations/genders welcome. Send as Word Document; if you cannot send as Word Document, send as RTF or in the body of an email.

LUST CHRONICLES: Erotic memoir, aka true sex stories. It has to be true and about you and involve sex. Can be funny, adventurous, sexy, dark, etc. Does not have to be "erotic" per se. Looking for a wide range of scenarios, everything from group sex to BDSM to best times, craziest times, first times, etc.

SEX AND MUSIC: Erotica about sex and music, could be band/groupie, music teacher, masturbating to a hot song, making a music video, musical performance, etc. Again, looking for a wide range of scenarios.

Send BIO and MAILING ADDRESS (either in the Word Doc or in body of your email) and WORD DOCUMENT with your submission to: rachelravenous@gmail.com (if you previously sent a story to another address, I have it) with "Lust Chronicles" or "Sex and Music" in subject line

DEADLINE: September 30, 2008 (but I will be accepting stories on a rolling basis, so the sooner you get them in, the better)

PAYMENT (Updated): Authors will receive $1/page PLUS portion of the E-book and MP3 royalties. We are purchasing electronic rights for 3 years and audio rights.

QUESTIONS? Email rachelravenous@gmail.com

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the deadline extension - with that in hand, I will try to submit something.

Although if you wrote them both yourself, that could potentially bode well.

 
At October 01, 2008, Blogger Helena said...

I admire you for being so productive. Interesting blog, I just found you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home