Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hear me read six words tonight

And then I'm out of there cause I got about two hours of sleep last night! Also, my baby fever has waned as I realize I can barely take care of myself. Oh well.



Looks like it's the sex writers edition of this anthology (apparently there are 832 authors in the book). Check out the New Yorker Talk of the Town piece on the book and other press (I also reviewed the book in Penthouse.)

McNally Robinson, 52 Prince Street, NYC

Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs By Writers Famous And Obscure


Tuesday, Mar 11th - 7:00 PM



Rachel FershleiserLarry SmithRachel Kramer BusselNell CaseyAmy SohnWith editors Rachel Fershleiser and Larry Smith

And contributors Rachel Kramer Bussel, Nell Casey, Amy Sohn, Anthony Swofford, and others


Legend has it that Hemingway once wrote a novel in six words—“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” In the 21st century, the six-word story has evolved into the six-word memoir, a form explored in myriad ways in the collection Not Quite What I Was Planning (Harper Perennial). The book began as a contest on www.SMITHmag.net, an online magazine about personal storytelling, and contains over 800 memoirs from regular folks from around the country and the world; as well as from celebrity contributors both literary and otherwise. The collection’s editors and several of its contributors will show a video of the variety of memoirs collected, and read from their six-word memoirs this evening, and audience members will be invited to create their own version of this addictive literary form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home