Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Out of it

I'm having a pretty off weekend - still fighting the lingering cold, which leaves me pretty drained of energy, wrapping up some writing, and feeling utterly stupid for not being able to figure out Olympus's digital photo upload system; I've got the photos on my laptop, I think, I just don't know precisely where they're located.

In other ditzy news, I managed to leave my phone at Happy Ending on Thursday, but there was a silver lining - I got to bring the staff some cupcakes from the brand-new Upper West Side Magnolia Bakery, and found out I was invited to their staff party! That's kindof how things have been going lately, and I'm not really sure what to do about it. I need better coping mechanisms for when things invariably fall apart, and need both more time and more focus during the time I do have for writing.

More updates once I knock a few things off the perennial to do list. I am moving at a snail's pace in 2008; tasks that used to take me 1-2 hours now take 4-5. I think my brain and body just decided to go on work strike or something. My memory's shot and creativity is low but I'm working on it because so many good things are in the air and I just want to be able to take advantage of as many of them as I can (while learning the art and wisdom of saying no, something I'm horrible at but vow to work on until I've perfected it).

Here's a shot of me from Magnolia that Nichelle took. If I can ever figure out how the hell my new camera works, I'll have London photos and Magnolia ones to share too. For now, here's our report from pre-opening night.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look SO alluring with that cupcake. I wish it was me. It must have been heaven swirling your tongue around the frosting! I'm jealous!

 
At January 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel -- I found a cell phone at "In The Flesh" (Allison B. was with me when I found it) and I turned it over to the guy behind the bar. Did you check with them to see if it's yours?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but as always, I had a great time at the event.

Stacie

 
At January 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Of course things are taking twice as long - especially if you have that throat/cough/glands plague going around. I got struck down by it a few days ago, resulting in my dumbly staring at C-span much too much for my mental health. But I must be perking up because that pic of you with your lips on the cupcake elicited a twitch of life from my otherwise dormant, cold-riddled juices. In the end I'm left with just two words: chicken soup.
To your health,
Sue

 
At January 20, 2008, Blogger RichmondJake said...

you're cute...I'd do you.

 
At January 20, 2008, Blogger Leonore S. said...

Thank you for reminding me I need to make an extra train stop over to the new Magnolia!

Leonore S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home