Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, December 30, 2007

My friend Flickr

almost topless
(if you can't read them, the stickers say top and bottom - I don't really consider myself either exclusively, cause it's so circumstantial, hence, both. For the right person, I can be anything, but that's a story for another time.)

I'm doing my usual frantic pre-trip running around (I'll be in London 12/31 to 1/6), so lots of posts I wanted to write will have to wait for the New Year. But I did want to say that for anyone wondering, yes, I have a Flickr account, which is now mostly cupcake-related and quite G-rated but once upon a time, I showed some nipple (actually, that wasn't the first time, and that's one of my favorite shots from the He's on Top/She's on Top party) on there so my entire account is in moderate mode or whatever they call it, so all you have to do is adjust your safe search settings to basically say you're up for seeing anythin. There are photos there, and armed with my trusty pretty new green Olympus, I plan to be posting lots more there soon. So set your SafeSearch OFF if you want to see my photos, even the G-rated ones.

From Flickr's guidelines:

Don’t forget the children.
Take the opportunity to filter your content responsibly. If you would hesitate to show your photos to a child, your mum, or Uncle Bob, that means it needs to be filtered. So, ask yourself that question as you upload your photos and moderate accordingly. If you don’t, it’s likely that one of two things will happen. Your account will be reviewed then either moderated or terminated by Flickr staff.


For those who want to know more, Violet Blue, who has an amazing and must-see photo stream, has blogged extensively about her trials with Flickr; go look through her archives. Here's another bit about that.

I could go through all my photos, take off any naked ones or make them friends only, and reapply, but...I have 1,255 photos on there, and don't really feel up to the task. I use Flickr every day for cupcake blogging and to store images of my book covers, In The Flesh readers, and interview subjects, so I guess my feeling is I'm just happy to have it as a resource. As anyone who's seen any website I've done by hand knows, I'm not a techie girl at all. I want to learn more, truly, but don't have the time, so Flickr is perfect for me because it's easy peasy. I resisted it for a long time until, like Bloglines, my friend Allison convinced me I needed to get on there, and now I'm hooked.

In sum, though, if you want to see my photos and they're not showing up, add me as a contact and fix your safe settings, and voila. I'll close with one of my favorite photos in my account, of Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Jessica Cutler taken at the original True Sex Confessions Night in April 2006 (has it really been that long??) at In The Flesh. Oh, and I'm doing another True Sex Confessions Night May 15th.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home