Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Quoted in the New York Times and my Newsday Op-Ed

Yes, it's been a big week for me and cupcake punditry...USA Today and the UK's Independent, and this weekend, I'm quoted in The New York Times and have an Op-Ed piece in Newsday, the second time I've been paid to write about cupcakes. Crazy, in its way, but also, I hope, kindof a sign that if you follow your interests, they'll reward you. A lot of the books I'm reading of late are about people, fictional and real, who chose a path far removed from the beaten one, and while I certainly wonder how I'd have fared if I were a lawyer now, as hard as writing can be sometimes, I'm so happy to have the opportunities I do and am more determined than ever to make the most of them. As a first draft of the Newsday piece went, "Cupcakes Make People Happy." I truly believe that, and bringing a little more happiness into the world, especially my own world, is a good thing.

More thoughts later on atonement and other tidbits, but for now:

Newsday commissioned an Op-Ed from me about cupcakes

"Don't Even Think About Touching That Cupcake," by Sarah Kershaw, New York Times Week in Review

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2007, Blogger Nick Manley said...

It's wonderful to find someone who manages to make a living at writing. I am trying to do the same.

By the way; great blog! I've blogrolled you on my website ( :

 

Post a Comment

<< Home