Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Get out your credit card...

And pre-order my friend Jon Friedman's book Rejected: Tales of the Failed, Dumped, and Canceled. You're gonna love it. Promise. I say this not even knowing what's in the book, but knowing that Jon hosts one of the best comedy shows in the city and not only has forged something hilarious and wonderful out of his own rejections, but he values jokes and stories and people who have been rejected in some way. I'm mentally (and soon, actually, like on Amazon) making a list of "2008 Books I'm Excited About" and this one's at the top. Yay!

A little over four years ago, at a reading series that no longer exists, I almost hurt myself laughing as Jon read this (okay, and this, and I'm still not sure which is funnier). In the intervening years I have laughed quite a bit more, and also learned a lot too. Jon's not only one of the hardest-working comedians/show hosts I know (and to be fair, I know a lot of crazy hard-working comedians), but one of the genuinely nicest people I know. That's not why you should pre-order his book, but I just wanted to say that. I'm honored to have been on his show (and only for Jon would I let my 9-year-old tribute to "Like a Virgin" be aired in public) and to be his friend!!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home