Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fashion, Fucking, Feminism, Felines, Freestyling, and Felonies



I'm so excited about my upcoming trip to San Francisco, which is quickly filling up with naughty plans, cupcakes, baby visits, publisher meetings, hotel pools, and friends. But filling up in a good way; my main goal is to NOT run around or stress about anything while I'm there (October 11-16, fyi).



The catalyst for the trip was an invitation from Lisa Solod Warren, editor of Desire: Women Write About Wanting, to read at San Francisco's famed literary festival Litquake, run by Jane Ganahl. My reading is part of their three-hour, 200-author Lit Crawl. I had just been admiring their website and thinking "Someday..." when the invite arrived, so I jumped on it. I'll be reading my essay "Where Sluts Fear to Tread" from the book, which you can also hear me read part of on YouTube. I'm also gonna attend this reading at 6 (with lots of folks I know and a few I've published in my books, all highly recommended):

Good Vibrations (18 and over), 603 Valencia Street
Under the Sheets: Erotica Writers Heat Things Up
Charlie Anders, Jen Cross, Gina de Vries, Marlo Gayle, Carol Queen, Lori Selke, Simon Sheppard

Oh, to be almost a year older and hopefully somewhat wiser. Or not. Of late I am just trying to live in the moment and really dig into the work I need to do. This week's been a lesson that in doing so, I am setting things in motion and connecting with people in ways I couldn't have predicted at all.

Litquake.

Here's the details on my reading on October 13th from 7-7:45 pm:

Modern Times Bookstore, 888 Valencia Street, San Francisco

Seal Press Explores the F Stop
Female authors take on Fashion, Fucking, Feminism, Felines, Freestyling, and Felonies

Rachel Kramer Bussel, Jenesha “Jinky” De Rivera, Daphne Gottlieb, Samara Halperin, Julia Serano, Victoria Zackheim

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home