Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, September 21, 2007

Cupcakes in The Independent

More on last night's incredible In The Flesh (where I also somehow booked most of December and January with some awesome readers), but for now, more cupcake media (and more on the way).

I'm quoted in this article "A sprinkling of hysteria as Americans go crazy for cupcakes" in The Independent. What's funny is that London actually is doing plenty of cupcake business of its own. There's Crumbs and Doilies and a couple of other bakeries. They also quote this 300 gourmet cupcake bakery figure that USA Today did and I'm curious where it came from.

Also, my quotes are lifted from a piece I wrote for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which is fine, but a little out of context and, well, I'm pretty easy to get in touch with, so getting a new quote from me wouldn't have been that hard. And I don't think I ever said I "don't for one minute buy the return-to-childhood theory." I just think nostalgia alone can't explain the popularity of the cupcake, but it is a factor.

"I consider a hand-delivered cupcake the perfect way to seduce someone," she says. "Since there are so many ways to eat a cupcake, watching a lover delicately lick the frosting or savour both layers can be an intimate act, especially under direct, voyeuristic supervision. The very word 'cupcake' has become a double entendre of the sexual variety. I have been on the receiving end of raised eyebrows when offering someone a cupcake."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home