Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 25, 2007

Bacon chocolate bar I should not at all be coveting

I'll have to take birthday girl GirlyNYC's word that this is delicious:



I am flirting with The Paleo Diet, (just started reading it this weekend and plan to make some of the recipes as soon as I can hunt down flaxseed oil - Key Food didn't have it) but can't give up my yogurt or dark chocolate (or, like, soy sauce). But I did make scallops last night and plan to spend much of the summer in my apartment reading, writing, and testing out new dishes. Pretty much the usual, with the addition of some cooking. As social as I can be on occasion, I really craze solitude too, so weekends I sometimes just need to make no real plans, save for my Saturday workouts and my new Sunday writing group. Loving them both. Yes, my life is dead boring, though I do have BlogHer and then immediately afterward, my British friend Kate visiting. I kinda like it boring though; I feel like my job right now is to bang out crazy amounts of words, pay off my loans, and drool over babies, and on those fronts I'm doing fairly well, I think.

Other than that, going to Crossfit five times a week is my main extracurricular activity. In part, I like it because Allison is just a really incredible trainer. Granted, I've never had one before, but she gets me to do things I don't even think I'm capable of, and, in many ways, even more than being able to lift crazy huge weights (though I can't yet squat more than my not-pretty-number body weight, sadly - must work on dropping poundage ASAP so I can at the very least say I can lift my own weight), her encouragement and pushing me to keep progressing is what I'm most excited about. It's so gratifying to be able to see how certain things have gotten easier, whlie others remain difficult.

Today, I weighed myself and I don't think it was the wisest decision. I'm normally very anti-scale and hadn't weighed myself in ages, and I'm not sure that doing so really helped. It made me feel kinda crappy, like even though I've been busting my ass at Crossfit for 7 weeks and counting (this is the 8th week), that icky number on the scale made me feel like it's all for naught. I know I'm gaining muscle and all that, I'll just be much happier when the scale reads, like, 30 pounds less than it did today. At the same time, I'm not rushing anything or going crazy with food, just trying to up my fruit and vegetable and protein intake, and sleep, and all that. If all of this manages to get me to quit Diet Coke, we'll know that the RKB life makeover is, if not complete, very close to it. In the meantime, that gym is probably the one bright spot in an otherwise overloaded to do list and constant feelings of guilt. I'm working on all of it, hence the hermitude. I will be at Borders this Thursday though, 7 pm, Time Warner Center, see Party Girl book cover at left. Nervous, but excited too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home