Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fun with Fotki, not so much with Flickr

As some of you know, I've had some Flickr issues due to some of the topless pics by Stacie Joy I added a while ago. (And just so that's clear, I love Stacie's work and am overjoyed with the photos, I just meant that in terms of a timeline, when I posted those on my account, that's when my account seemed to get flagged as needing to be on the "moderated" setting.) Certainly not the first topless pics I put up there but I guess they caught Flickr's attention. I got some great advice on the topic, from Violet Blue and other people, but haven't had and don't have time to properly deal with it right now. Wish that I did but in the grand scheme of things, if my account were to be deleted, so be it. Not that I want that to happen, especially since I use it for Cupcakes Take the Cake, but for once in my life I am trying to do this thing called prioritizing.

So to circumvent it, at the advice of Violet Blue, I've joined Fotki. Here are the first two pics I've put up. If you want to see my Flickr pics, add me as a contact and moderate your settings (under Your Account) so SafeSearch is off. Again, I'm not an expert and am slammed with deadlines so hopefully you can see my pics, if not, sorry. Here's an article at LAist (via SMITH) about one user's issues with Flickr. I was bothered at first because I didn't really understand what triggered it and now am just prepared for whatever they want to do, though it seems like they just want people like me to self-moderate so those under 18 (and grandmothers, apparently) aren't exposed to my boobies. Again, I may address this further...when I can, like see out from under the to do list. It's bad but it'll be good when I'm done, let's just say. I'm working on 4 books at once which, even for me, is a lot, not to mention random book proposals that are like shots in the dark, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Am probably too frazzled in the head to be blogging right now, but here you go.

And that's my favorite sadistic Southern belle all clogged out and gorgeous as always, Elise. We heart each others' boobs. I need to find a girl like her...only not married. There's always Mermaid Ball/Pride, which I will be around for this year.



3 Comments:

At May 27, 2007, Blogger The Cajun Boy said...

i just got fluffy.

 
At May 28, 2007, Blogger Nichelle said...

I am proud to be the one who took those hot pictures! It was so hot that it was hard for to be concentrate on the right button.

 
At May 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nichelle -- those are some HAWT pix! Elise and RKB make a sexy duo, do they not?

Rachel -- I have, of course, had the same problems with flickr. There's no x-rated material on my site, but I've been branded "not safe for public consumption." It's very frustrating that people cannot view my photos without going through complicated warnings and filter software, and that Yahoo!/flickr feels the need to censor me. I follow all the company's rules and regulations, and still, I've been marked as "unsafe." I have been a paying "pro" member of flickr from the get-go, and I'd hate to leave, but I'm angry and frustrated. Grr!

Stacie Joy

P.S. I am sorry that the beautiful shot I took of you at your book release party has gotten you moderated as well. There's nothing obscene about the photo, and it upsets me that your cupcakes-and-babies photostream is now considered "adult" in nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home