Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Datehole's Knocked Up contest

I meant to post this earlier, but seeing all the posters for Knocked Up and the Datehole shoutout at Jezebel (yes, I'm hooked now too especially because I don't seem to have time to actually read magazines anymore, even the ones I subscribe to, but there's always time for blogs, especially ones with phrases like "breasts like artisan challah") reminded me:

Datehole, a blog with a great name about dating and such in NYC, is having a Knocked Up contest, and one of the prizes is a $20 donation to Planned Parenthood. The others, you can click through and see for yourself.

I like this in part because, well, I'm horrible at dating (I am still in the "is this a date?" phase, even at my advanced age, though I'm glad I'm not the only one: the fabulous Diane Mapes shares that with me) which is why you never see me, like, out on a date. But also because, were it not for BEA, I would be at Knocked Up on opening night. I am still kicking myself for not getting with the program and realizing this was playing at SXSW and that I could've seen it for free. I actually have deliberately shielded myself from knowing too much about what it's about, cause really, they had me at "knocked up."

Speaking of little ones (Judy McGuire, you can stop reading now), at Whole Foods tonight and there was this little kid sitting sideways in the shopping cart and he was just too adorable. His little legs just fit, like it had been made for him, and he kept patting his dad's head while his big sister threatened to tip the cart over with her enthusiasm. And while I was ordering my chicken and spinach, I tried (and failed in my efforts) not to stare too much. Last weekend I went to the park right across from where I used to live, the one on Mercer between West 3rd and Bleecker, with my cousin Adam and his dad. Rain was starting and stopping but he didn't care. "Ba!" he shouted and we tried to kick and throw the ball to him. The cutest thing was any time he got any sand on him he'd quickly wipe it off, as opposed to what I was expecting, which was for him to roll around in the sandbox. I have to say, very little makes me happier than when his face lights up when he sees me. I am trying really hard to resist buying him more toys and books because I could do that pretty much every day. I need to find new babies to dote on ASAP.

Maybe I will get to see this opening weekend, though with next week offering up the last How to Kick People, a reading at Papyrus by Samara O'Shea, the Lammys (will I be the Susan Lucci of the Lammys?), BEA, and a Friday night reading for the Bi Writers Association, I think I may have to go home after that and collapse with my newfound book booty. But the week after, I'm so there. So, um, enter the contest, check out Datehole (naked ladies and lobster, anyone?).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out . . . I'm looking forward to the flick, but my co-author clearly has his doubts. Hence the contest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home