Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, April 27, 2007

SheNANNYgans that move me to tears

Sometimes I worry that this blog is too schizophrenic. For who, I'm not sure, but I'm sometimes tempted to make an all smut/sex blog and then an all everything else one. But as much as I love the niche blog, this one's ultimately about me. And my seemingly infinite interests that may go from, say, sex and sluttiness, to mommyhood and beyond, in an instant. So feel free to click away or skim or skip as you desire. And since my main interests in life are pretty much babies, cupcakes, Boggle, books, feminism, high heels, sex and smut, well, you're gonna get a mix. Those who get it, get it; you know who you are.

One girl who gets it, who I will post about here every day if I have to (but just add her to your rss reader, why don't you?), I love her blog, and her, that much, is Rebecca Woolf. I met her at a party at SXSW and was so glad to have the chance to just say hello. In a huge understatement, her life is very different than mine. She's 25, I'm 31. She lives in LA, I live in New York. She's a married mom, I'm neither. But...we get each other. And her blog makes me cry from joy and cry from just sheer overwhelming emotion.

Her post today about SheNANNYgans, the new section of her blog written by her nanny, made me and many other readers cry. It defies everything that the word "nanny" brings to mind. It's as far from the Upper Anything Side and The Nanny Diaries as you can get:

Today, watching Lauren chase Archer around the park, it is impossible to believe that three years ago she was bedridden. That she had tubes in her chest and couldn't walk or expose herself to any kind of light. That she couldn't eat or feel her feet, numb and paralyzed. It seems like the whole thing was a dream.

Finding someone to trust enough to be with Archer is almost impossible, but having him in Lauren's care is such a blessing. I don't know if there is someone I would trust more.


Read the whole thing

And we'll both be at BlogHer in July! I so can't wait.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that your blog covers so many different issues - as you said, it's "you". And you're very brave to put yourself out there as raw and honestly as you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home