Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, March 31, 2007

What do you want to know about erotica?

I normally don't really love public speaking, which is ironic considering that I run a reading series and keep saying yes to various readings. I don't hate it, and I do get a rush from having done it, but I'm not always so confident. I just don't have the Stan Kent swagger.

But I've been thinking of developing a short workshop on erotica writing, because I get asked about it so often and as I finish up various anthologies and get ready to wade into new ones, while my brain percolates on what I can do next, I've realized that through the last 7 years of writing smut, I've amassed a pretty large body of work and learned a thing or two about the industry. I'm hoping to teach a workshop at The Pleasure Chest in Chicago at the end of July, right before BlogHer, and to that end, want to know from you:

What do you want to know about erotic writing?

Could be anything from plot to dirty words to publishing.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out the brilliant resources already out there, chiefly:

Erotica Readers & Writers Association - where I got my start and continue to find out about so many calls for submission and interesting topics, not to mention finding a wealth of great writers

Erotic Authors Association

Leave your answers in the comments or email me at rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com - I may post some responses here though am mostly just trying to figure out what people would want to find out more about in a workshop format.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Rachel, this is what I want to know about erotic writing, and what I also think is your strength: how to achieve a manuscript that is erotic and sexy, but not gratuitious and unsexy. I think it's easy to mistake erotic literature for just a description of sex that uses lots of details and dirty words, but it's more of an art than that. So that's what I want to know- how to be sexy and erotic and not gratuitous.

 
At April 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm delurking to let you know that I really enjoy your blog! As well, I actually agree with what Melanie said--I think the hardest part about writing erotica is making it not gratuitious sex, and actually making it about story and plot and sex that fits seamlessly into that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home