Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, March 19, 2007

Reading material

Megan Hart, author of Dirty andBroken (both from Harlequin's Spice line, the latter forthcoming), asks in her Amazon plog whether it's better for authors to write their own cover copy or not.

Rachel Aimee, one of the editors of $pread magazine

The kind of piece that I think really says nothing and doesn't matter:

"Where's the sex better?" (New York or London) - this is for New York magazine's NY vs. London issue, but...I just feellike you can't really accurately generalize about a whole city or country. We have bumbling men too and I know this is the nature of a piece like this and I don't personally know if there are big differences but it's like anytime I get asked what the "dating scene" or "sex scene" is like in "New York." I have no fucking clue and a) we're surely talking about a very small slice of "New York" without actually saying that out loud and b) I can tell you what it's like amongst my friends, and that's about it. Maybe ultimately I'm not cut out for this job because lately I feel like I'm becoming more and more conservative, in the sense that I don't think it's a race to see who can "excel" at sex or "keep up with the trends." I don't want trends, or peer pressure, dictating what I do sexually. Maybe that's imbuing this short piece with more than it deserves, and while perhaps the whole notion of "Who cares?" could apply to all the NY vs. London stuff, I think especially with sex, it's just irrelevant. There's good sex and bad sex and mediocre sex to be had all over the place, and those definitions are also totally subjective.

Some author blogs of note:

Sue Katz, Consensual Adult - Sue wrote me that her agent had recommend she read this very blog, which of course flattered me, but she also has some great links to sexuality resources and articles and writing a book called Mature Heat, which "covers the landscape of alternative sexualities that other books for older people wouldn't touch with a 12-inch dildo."

Girl With Pen, blog of author Deborah Siegel - she's the co-editor (with Daphne Uviller) of the new anthology Only Child and author of the forthcoming (and high on my to-be-read list) Sisterhood, Interrupted: From Radical Women to Grrls Gone Wild

Nobody Passes, blog of the anthology Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity edited by Mattilda, a.k.a Matt Bernstein Sycamore, author of Pulling Taffy (also on MySpace and soon-to-be-read-and-blogged-about-by-me)

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to area sexperts, London lags up to four years behind New York, which means pubic topiary, sex diarists, and speed dating are just hitting their stride. Monogamy is still the default setting for a relationship, as “Londoners hate to have that ‘Let’s be exclusive’ chat,” according to Sarah Hedley, editor of women’s sex mag Scarlet. They like to drink each other under the table when they’re “on the pull”...

That all sounds rather like Australia to me. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home