Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, March 29, 2007

365 Portraits

My friend Jon Friedman told me about this fabulous new photo project, 365 Portraits, in which Park Slope-based photographer Bill Waldman is shooting and posting one portrait every day for 2007. I just looked at all of them he's done so far and they're captivating, plus lots of photo nerds (I say that lovingly) comment on the photos. You can also contact him to participate in the project.

Here's Jon's photo

And I really liked this one of dancer Eran Bugge

Just reading some of the humorous bios and seeing the sheer joy some of the subjects exhibit should make you smile.

In this one, I really can't stand the cuteness. Only thing cuter would be an actual baby. This one is also pretty darn cute.

Looking at them all, and realizing Jon and Grant Stoddard are the only people I know of the bunch, makes me realize, yet again, just how many amazing, interesting people this city holds. Sometimes I forget that and get safely ensconced in my little worlds, which lately I've been too busy or traveling to even take part in, and then I get antsy, because I don't have enough time for the friends I already have. But I don't think friendship is finite, and love when I connect with someone new and find out how we're alike, and not, and develop the rhythms of communication and knowledge. Friendships take just as much "upkeep," though I hate using words like that to describe relationships, as romantic relationships, and it's easy to let them backslide, but even when I'm not physically with my friends, I think about them. It's one of the reasons I love blogs so much; I can read about, say, Courtney's new bible, and remember I need to contact her. But blogs and email are no true substitute for in-person communication, and for now, my time's pretty strapped. I know my friends understand, and miss me too, and I will be back in action in a few weeks. For now, it's crunch time, and I'm learning to roll with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home