Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, January 29, 2007

To read: Bad Lesbian Dates, sex toy shopping, Tourette's cupcakes and sex addiction

Bad Lesbian Dates - I don't know who this is (though maybe I do, but not yet) but I love this blog already. Here's a snippet:

I am 30, a lesbian and have been looking for a girlfriend for 6 months now. I find girls mostly online and at dating events.

Here are the highlights of my recent dating history:

* Got stood up at the Museum of Modern Art. When I tried to call to find out what happened, got a man's voice on the message. Also got nauseous.
* Had two dates with girls who were looking down their noses at me the whole time. One I saw at a dating event and she ignored me, didn't even acknowledge that we had met before. Bitch.
* Got picked up at Henrietta Hudson's by a girl who was also trying to pick up another girl at the same time. Multitasking at its most vile.
* Got bored to death on inumerable dates. When lesbians are dull, they are Learning Channel dull.


Seriously, it's a cornucopia of all my pet peeves, dating and otherwise, rolled into one, like not giving a street address. Almost any time someone says "2nd Avenue between 50th and 51st" or whatever, I wind up roaming up and down the street, only to find they've gotten the address wrong. I usually look things up on Citysearch first to make sure I'm marching around, even looking like an idiot, with a piece of paper in my hand. Nothing like getting lost in the city you've lived in for over 10 years. Now I'm actually extra curious so Bad Lesbian Date-goer, email me if you want to say hi.

My favorite dates are super dorky, like playing Boggle, eating cupcakes, going to bookstores, going to the movies, playing bingo, etc. But then again, I am super dorky. My least favorite conversation is the one where I get grilled about why I don't want a drink. You always wind up subtly insulting the person and then they get all defensive and it makes me want to go curl up in bed, alone, with my diet coke. That said, it's kindof fun to be around someone who's getting a little tipsy while you're not; not so much the reverse as the next day you feel like a total idiot remembering all the really idiotic things you did on said date. But my biggest reason not to drink on dates is that drinking invariably makes me horny and my inhibitions in that regard get so lowered I may as well just set up a bar in their bed. I'm saving my occasional forays into drinking for good friends only and trying to get back on track with the no drinking in 2007 resolution. Damn you, Happy Corp. and your free beer! No, really, that's all me. Next time I'm coming armed with a big bottle of diet coke, which I will happily share.

"Sex Toy Shopping Should Be Fun," Wired.com (via)

Tourette's Cupcakes (I emailed these to some friends saying "So wrong, yet so hilarious")

I'd like to know (and maybe I have to go pitch this piece myself) - when are we going to hear more about Bill Clinton's sex addiction counseling? It's brought up in almost every article about Hillary's presidential run but it seems like we've just scratched the surface of whether he really considers himself a sex addict or not. Slate did pose the question but that's more of an overall look at sex addiction treatments, concluding:

It's hard to say what constitutes recovery from sex addiction. The goal isn't to eliminate sex from your life—although temporary periods of abstinence may be necessary. Some therapists describe it as the difference between alcoholism and social drinking—you're healthy when you can handle moderate amounts in nondestructive ways.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home