Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Stranger and Stranger

I love The Stranger, and I especially love their blog, Slog, where every time I visit I learn something new and it almost makes me want to live in Seattle. They've got Dan Savage and Mistress Matisse and all sorts of fascinating writers giving really insightful, funny, spot-on commentary on news local and national.

But...in their year-end mistaken mistakes redux, they printed this:

Charles Mudede, an associate editor at The Stranger, regrets his Slog post on the subject of sex with pregnant women. It was not worth the trouble or the insults he received from pregnant women who believe, despite the ugliness of their bodies, that men still want to fuck them.

Dude, give it up! You really were wrong. Not in not wanting to fuck pregnant ladies, that's totally your call, but in the absolutely sexist, misogynist, hateful and misguided way you went about writing about it, assuming that everyone shares your warped views. I will say this though...when I am preggers, and even when I'm not, I will not want to fuck you.

If you missed that debacle, just read this. (and my earlier take on it)

I will give some link love to two other Slog posts this week:

Dan Savage on two gay men who just got married in Vancouver and chose not to use their real names in a story for Seattle Magazine

Ari Spool calling The Seattle Post-Intelligencer to task for not mentioning Jews eating Chinese food on Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home