Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, October 23, 2006

Sunday night in Los Feliz

I know this might brand me as the dorkiest book-reading nerd, to go to LA and want to go to this YA event as opposed to some fancy bar or even some divey bar, but fuck it, I am a total nerd and I think I'm gonna try to go to the LA YA Pajama Party - found out about it from the fabulous Melissa de la Cruz. Any LA chicas want to join me? I know Alice Ayers would join me if she were in town. Actually, forget any hesitation I may have had about appearing dorky, I don't freaking care. I'm taking my advance copy of Rachel Cohn's book Cupcake on the plane now (adding it to my ever-growing stack that I know I won't make it through, but I don't care).

Here's who'll be there: Cecil Castellucci ( The Queen of Cool ), Dana Reinhardt ( A Brief Chapter In My Impossible Life ), Jordan Roter ( Girl in Development ), Kerry Madden ( Gentle's Holler ), Mark L. Williams ( Danger Boy ), Melissa de la Cruz ( The Au Pairs ), Sally Nemeth ( The Heights , The Depths and Everything In Between ), Amy Goldman Koss ( Poison Ivy, Side Effects ), Rachel Cohn ( Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist , Two Steps Forward ) and Francesca Lia Block (Weetzie Bat)--Woohoo!

LA YA Pajama Party Smart Gals Literary Speakeasy!
Sunday, October 29th 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Mt. Hollywood Underground 4607 Prospect Avenue, Los Feliz
Admission: $7.00 (general), $5.00 (members) Bookmarks: $10.00, purchased separately Information and passwords: (dinky hocker shoots smack!)
323.302.2257 or www.smartgals.org

Also, I'm getting so excited about my birthday party. I love getting the chance to invite old friends and new to come and mix and mingle. I love connecting people and when my friends become friends with each other, and looking at these photos makes me so happy. It also makes turning one year older not seem like such a big deal. Last week my cousin said that she doesn't really like to celebrate her birthday, because she's at such a happy place in her life that every day is a gift, and I totally get that. I mean, not as much as it will be when I have kids, but I'm so over trying to "hold off" until some mythical day comes when everything is perfect. It never will be and I'm just trying to enjoy the present and amazingly, I really am. More on my lovely weekend later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home