Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My review of Stephen Elliott's My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up at Kgblit.com

My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up

My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up



I reviewed Stephen Elliott's fabulous new book of interconnected short stories, My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up for Kgblit.com. Stephen was wonderful last night at In The Flesh, and is reading on Monday night, October 23rd, from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at The Strand with Nick Flynn, author of Another Bullshit Night in Suck City.

The real question in Stephen Elliott’s short story collection My Girlfriend Comes to the City and Beats Me Up is not whether these tales are autobiographical or not (though Elliott admits that many are true, or mostly true, in his introduction), but whether Elliott, as narrator, consents to and likes the kinky acts described therein. In powerful, waste-no-words prose, Elliott takes readers on a guided tour through the underbelly of San Francisco and his narrator’s sex life, mental state, and troubled childhood.

Read the whole review

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home