Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hello Hilarious interview

The fabulous and funny Margot Leitman interviewed me over at Hello Hilarious about sex, writing, and sex writing:

Something that I have always found admirable in Rachel is her utter fearlessness as a writer. We writers so often hear whispers in the backs of our minds saying things like, “What if my dad reads this?” or “Will the person this is based on ever find out I wrote this?” This whisper is something I have long struggled with as both a writer and performer, until finally I began writing with the “write like your parents are dead” mentality. Personally, a year ago I never would have even been able to write this sex and dating column because of all that fear. Fear can really consume and stifle your work.

“My most creative moments and
intense observations come from people who stay on my mind. This
doesn’t even necessarily mean lovers, but people who’ve provoked me in
some way. And I don’t want to censor myself, but at the same time, the
sex writing is one part of my life, not my entire life. I’m not
exactly a sex goddess and am likely to be found at home sprawled out
on my couch in sweats eating pretzels and reading a book than I am
doing something inordinately racy. I think people tend to forget that,
or they think that if I write about something sexual I enjoy, like
spanking, that I want to do it with everyone. No, I do not have an
open invitation to the world to spank my ass. People misread those
statements all the time, and I guess in one way it’s natural, but I
actually get very attached to people I date and know that we can have
something special and private, but that I can also write about it in a
way that doesn’t detract from that special ness.


Read the whole thing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home