Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you


_DSC1740
Originally uploaded by brianvan.
While picking my way through the packed crowd at In The Flesh the other night, when I had a few seconds to ponder all the goodness that is my reading series, I realized that, while I book and host and publicize it, there's a fabulous group of friends who make help make it a success just as much as I do. If they weren't around, it just wouldn't be the same.

They come because they like to hear dirty stories, because they have a good time. I think I'm finally starting to realize that, and that that's the only reason you should come out. I don't want people to come just cause they're my friends if it'll make them feel uncomfortable. I started bringing candy and cupcakes and using that as a selling point because it’s that Jewish mother thing, which is funny because when it’s foisted on me I bristle, but I never feel like whatever I’m offering is enough. I know I posted about this a long time ago, about why I always have so much stuff, but anyway, it’s nice to know people aren’t just there for the free food.

But looking out and seeing so many familiar faces and people bubbling with happiness and connecting with other audience members does my heart good. In no particular order, a huge thanks, just for being there, month after month: Heidi, who is off at the beach having fun, Nichelle, for helping calm me down when I'm frazzled, Allison, for making and bringing cupcakes, Martha, for helping with raffle tickets, Brian Van, for taking the hottest ever photos every month, and people like Audacia Ray, Molly Crabapple, Victor Varnado, Lily Burana, and everyone else, and knowing they are there to have fun and hear new readers and meet each other, is what it’s all about. So thank you all for continuing to make it fun. It really doesn’t feel like work or a chore, and I know I need to get better about doing the things that do feel like work, but for now, I am so happy with my little reading series that could, that started from nothing and has really grown into a little community of dirty word lovers. So thank you for showing up, and enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home