Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, August 25, 2006

"Life and Times of a Sex Writer" at TES, September 19th

I'm speaking at TES again on September 19th. Fingers crossed that Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z 2 will be in my hands by then; I'd love to spank someone with it! Well, I'd just love to have it, though my mind is on projects way far ahead of that one, but still, every time a book is actually completed and printed, I am super excited. So many have fallen through the cracks or just had problems and never made it to that stage that every time, I practically want to kiss the pretty, shiny book covers. Plus this one is almost 300 pages and is so so hot and fun and creative, I can't wait for spanking fans to check it out. The TES site says this goes from 7:30 until 11 (!!!). I certainly hope not. I am trying to be a homebody and rarely stay out that late on a school night, plus I have In The Flesh the next night, but anyway, I will be there and hopefully have something to say about being a writer.

As for "sex writer," well, yes, sometimes I am that, but I think like a lot of writers, anything before "writer" feels cloying and claustrophobic, fake and destructive in some way. It's a label, and sometimes it's accurate, but like most labels, I think it winds up being more confining than useful, for me anyway. I want to be able to write about books, cupcakes, music, gossip, babies, sleep, clothes, hair, politics, cleavage, friendship, etc. And I do. The sex writing is one thing I do, a major thing, yes, but I guess I shy away from that because that's really all it is, a job, a task, one I sometimes enjoy and try to be proud of, but it is not my entire life or identity. I think that's the crux of the problem with the Carrie Bradshaw label on anyone; it's a small part of a larger whole and just doesn't do that whole justice. So I guess that gives me something to discuss at TES! And an excuse to wear my "spank me" panties which have yet to be worn, if I can locate them.

September 19, 7:30 pm
TES
Rachel writes the Lusty Lady column for The Village Voice, is Senior Editor at Penthouse Variations, and hosts the monthly In The Flesh Erotic Reading Series. She will talk about editing her spanking erotica collections, Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z 1 and 2, her own spanking experiences, and crafting kinky, hot erotica and be available for questions on these topics.
260 W. 36th St., 3rd Floor
$4 for members/ $8 for non-members

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home