Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, June 26, 2006

Sex-positive feminism on Wikipedia

Someone started a Wikipedia entry on sex-positive feminism and I'm honored to be included. I made my first Wikipedia entry and correced the spelling of my name and look forward to check it out further when I have a chance. I was looking over my book notes this weekend (really all I've done on my book proposal in a while cause I want to really dig into it and know I haven't had time) and what I walk away with each time is that I'm really less interested in feminism and women per se, divorced from any larger implications, and want to look at sexual freedom FOR ALL. Really for all - not just for people with a certain political perspective, or slutty perverts like me, or whatever, but the bigger picture. The sexual revolution that happened and the ones that are happening now. The girls gone mild, the girls gone wild, and the men who want them, because to me, it's just not enough to look only at women. It's lopsided and unfair and leaves us with a very unbalanced picture, not to mention puts the entire burden of sex onto women and our actions/decisions.

After July 4th, I'll be trying to do more hibernating and making sense of all my notes, which cover topics I've looked at in my Voice column - casual sex, reproductive/sexual freedom, the limits of labels, the choice to be chaste, teens' sexual rights, and all the dirty stuff - threesomes, blowjobs, boobies, etc. It's taking a long time but it's getting there, bit by bit, and I thank everyone who's responded and linked to my blog posts and posted ones of your own for helping me clarify my ideas. This whole feminist blowjob brouhaha has been quite informative.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home