Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Josh Kilmer-Purcell, "Not Your Average Gay Memoirist," Afterelton.com

I adore Josh Kilmer-Purcell, who treated us all to a fabulous reading/singing number last month at In The Flesh. So I wrote about him for Afterelton today, "Not Your Average Gay Memoirist." We get into everything from his drag persona, Aquadisiac, and his crack-addicted boyfriend, Jack, to his Datalounge addiction and how "he could have owned Page Six" since he's buddy-buddy with James Frey. If you want to stalk him, come to see Hillary Carlip on Monday night at 7 at Chelsea Barnes & Noble!

Here's a snippet of the article:

Kilmer-Purcell thinks the media cared much more than readers about Frey's transgressions. “I learned on my tour that just about every reporter/journalist has a book moldering in their desk that they can't get published. Most people are insanely jealous of his success, me included. It's the American way,” he reveals, departing from an earlier official “public statement” about Frey. Still, he's glad he waited until the scandal had died down, and is scathing in his indictment of authors who didn't.

“I could've owned Page Six. Hell, I could have finally gotten a
New York Times Op-Ed piece published—but I didn't. While I may be a publicity hound, I'm not a whore. I'd never chide another writer. As far as I'm concerned, any author can write any damn thing s/he feels like,” Kilmer-Purcell states. “I thought Mary Karr was a sanctimonious bitch for writing the New York Times Op-Ed piece that she did. A writer shouldn't impose their regiment on other writers. If the bitch ever preaches to me, I'll cut her,” he concludes.

I Am Not Myself These Days

I Am Not Myself These Days



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home