Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is your vagina a sexual turnstile?

I encountered this book in a bookstore the other day, flipped through it, and then laughed very loudly. Even though, really, it's just yet another sign of the "My Sex Is Better Than Your Sex" crowd's attempts to lord their vision of "perfect" sexuality and gender roles onto everyone else. Then again, this book is published by Regnery, so that should say it all.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex and Feminism

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex and Feminism




But apparently some people, like Doug Giles, think it's totally spot-on.

This book is going to liberate ladies to be ladies; and contrary to the propaganda belched forth via our universities and MSM, there are a whole lot of lassies who: [I'm skipping some of them and jupming to the good stuff - RKB]

7. Don’t want their vagina turned into a sexual turnstile. Who don’t want to be the village bicycle. Who see the benefits of serious sex verses casual sex. Who’re not buying the Paris Hilton/Courtney Love/Madonna whore thing. Who can be sexy without being a skank. Who like to retain their respect and power and require a man to show some commitment before he gets to run the bases.


Really, I have nothing more to say that I haven't already said. It's not an either or. I will be talking a bit about this in my "number of sex partners" column. Yes, I also think you can be sexy without being a skank . . . but I also recognize the ridiculous value judgments and totally subjectivity of the definition of the word "skank." Part of what I was trying to say with this Amazon Connect post is that we all need to look inward, defining ourselves less by the prevailing notions of "purity" and "sluttiness" or what other people think about our actions, especially when it comes to something as personal and individual as sexuality, than by our own internal moral compass.

The thing is, I'm not buying into anything either, at least, I try not to. It's hard because none of us can say we're completely unaffected by the culture that surrounds us, but I find the notion of trying to "keep up with the Samantha Joneses," regardless of what feels right or true to you and your desires, very sad. Sex should be about discovering what makes you happy, what turns you on, what you can't stop thinking about, whether that's something totally commonplace or utterly unique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home