Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday morning sex links

Playing mad, mad catchup on many fronts so may not be posting/emailing too much this week, especially cause Friday at 5 a.m. I'm flying to Puerto Rico for a much-needed (hello understatement!) vacation, back Tuesday afternoon. I'll be taking the laptop but don't expect to hear from me until I'm back, the laptop is so I can "work on my book" and do any creative/erotic/free/whatever writing pops into my head. And maybe upload cute baby photos (baby's first plane right and beach trip!). Downside - no idea about a bathing suit. I never ever go to the beach, so I am gonna be trying to figure out the whole one piece/two piece conundrum. But in the meantime, definitely racing to write a ton of stuff, including my next Voice column, which I need to file early (drunk sex or blowjobs? not sure yet of the topic, or something else entirely), my last Girl Talk column for Penthouse (my column's ending but I'll still be writing for them), and various other bits and pieces.

My friend Miriam Datskovsky's latest Sexplorations column for The Columbia Spectator entitled "Of Sex and Freedom"

Elizabeth Hayt goes on a date with Tucker Max - then he responds on his site. Nothing much to add except that I write book reviews for The New York Post, and just as I've felt sortof compelled to recently with the Voice, I'll just say that I take all my work very seriously. NO, I didn't go to journalism school, but I do treat what I write, which, after all, has become my career, ethically. I do a lot via email so there's no chance of misquoting, and when something like a title or a website (ahem) gets messed up by accident, I feel really awful. But when doing personal reporting, I feel like you are of course going to say things that offend someone, sometimes, even when you're saying how they're good in bed...they might think you were "too honest" about the type of bed they own (true story) or might take umbrage at anything you say. My response, for me, is that I call things as I see them. For my Voice column, I never go into a situation thinking I'll write about it, it's usually what happens afterwards that lets me know if it's a worthy topic, like if I can't stop thinking about something or if several similar events occur in a row. But I think it's a little bitchy and playing both sides of the fence to disparage the Post at the same time as you're trying to suck up to it (not that Tucker did that, the person he's quoting did).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home