Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Gothamist interview with Audacia Ray, Writer and Sex Worker Rights Advocate



Gothamist interview with Audacia Ray, Writer, $pread magazine Executive Editor, Sex Worker Rights Advocate, Nude Model and overall kickass awesome person
(I added that last bit here)

And you can hear her read a true sex confession on April 19th at 8 pm at Happy Ending at my reading series In The Flesh!

Also very proud to say that I gave Audacia her very first (of many at this point) press in one of my early Voice columns, "Whore Pride" - which brings up this issue Greg Lindsay covered at Mediabistro yesterday of whether to use your friends as sources. I see my Voice column as a chance to explore sexual issues, and those for me are often best and sometimes only explored in conversation with people I know well, because they trust me to treat them fairly, keep their confidences when asked, and not judge them. Therefore, I woulud not have been able to just go out and "find" people for a column like that, and part of my point was that they came to me, I just happened to meet them. My best material comes from spontaneous conversations with friends, and when I write about them, it's because I think other people will be able to relate, or will get something out of it. I also totally welcome and love when other people respond or I get referred to new people, like with this older women/younger men piece. I really love hearing about people's sexual proclivities, it's fascinating to me and I like learning new things and sortof piecing things together, like with the boobiesexuals column. If it were just one person, that'd be sortof interesting, but it's more interesting to me that there's a group of disparate people who wouldn't otherwise know about each other who share this common interest. Lindsay's piece brings up some good points, and I'm not saying one should or shouldn't use friends as sources, but for the purposes of my sex column and the way I've gone about it thus far, it works well for me. I try very, very hard to treat my subjects fairly and I hope I've succeeded in that. It's trickier writing about my own sex life, and I navigate that as I go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home