Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How to waste time, money and energy: a special tip for writers

Prompted by reading Miss Snark and wanting to know more about the book industry, I broke down and joined Publisher's Marketplace. So while I now have access to all these juicy deals, I fear that it will only set me further on my path of inertia as I see them and think "I'll never be able to do that!" Mostly I need a vacation and to regroup and figure out "what I want to do." But still, they are intriguing for a bookworm like me, here's a few that caught my eye:

Sasha White and Saskia Walker's KINK, an erotic anthology, featuring White's WATCH ME about a married woman, her exhibitionism, and the husband who catches her at it, along with Walker's SEX, LIES, AND BONDAGE TAPE, in which a backstage media secret leads to sex games, to Kate Seaver at Berkley Heat, by Roberta Brown at Brown Literary Agency (world). broagent@aol.com

Valerie Stivers's BLOOD IS THE NEW BLACK, about a young woman at a glossy fashion magazine who discovers that the reigning tastemakers have a thirst for blood, pitched as The Devil Wears Prada & Mean Girls meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer, to Allison McCabe for Three Rivers Press, at auction, for publication in summer 2007, by Joe Veltre at Artists Literary Group, developed with Farrin Jacobs (NA). Sarah Self at The Gersh Agency is handling film rights.
jv@algmedia.com

Paulina Porizkova's A MODEL SUMMER, about a fifteen-year-old Czech-born Swedish girl chosen by a modeling agent to spend a summer working in Paris, where the once ugly duckling is proclaimed a swan, forcing her to make decisions that no teen-ager should ever have to make, to Zareen Jaffery at Hyperion, in a very good deal, for publication in 2007, by Marly Rusoff at Marly Rusoff & Associates (NA).
rights@rusoffagency.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home