Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, December 23, 2005

Money changes everything: who pays for dates?

Definite column fodder, I want to do a column on worst dates, since that topic arose this week (and check out Sarah's worst date - a super greedy, obnoxious guy)

Derek Rose and Sarah Ackerman on who should pay for dates?

NYFlygirl also addresses the topic

Very interesting topic and I'm sure one that will get lots of responses, though I do think what happens during and after the date play a role - I mean, I think part of the equation is are guys wanting to pay just to get laid?

Do you care who pays? Does it matter how much money they have/make relative to your financial status? Are you an absolutist in wanting to pay/be paid for? Tell me (and feel free to elaborate as much as possible, especially with any good stories) at rachelkb at gmail.com

I have no real fixed opinion on the topic, I think it totally depends on the situation and people involved, but for me I definitely don't base whether I'm gonna hook up with or see someone again on whether they pay or not. It's more how I feel about them and what they've revealed about themselves during the date.

I think it does tap into so many different things for different people - being taken care of, being pampered, having someone else take care of things for you. As I told a friend, if I were lottery winning wealthy, I would take everyone I know out all the time, not just dates. I actually love buying things for people, sending cards, etc., both to people I'm dating and to my friends and do that as often as I can. But I think when dating enters the mix it can be really tricky and confusing, not that it has to be, and certainly I think dating can be laden enough with drama. But still, I think there's valid arguments and people's experiences on all "sides," if you will. I think also for those of us who don't necessarily expect the other person to pay, when they do, it's always nice. But I definitely look forward to hearing more people's stories. Okay, shutting up now on this topic cause I want to hear from YOU.

I am psyched for a weekend of relaxing, seeing family and friends, making love to my laptop (figuratively, of course, I will be typing away for most of the weekend, hopefully) and just enjoying not walking for miles, being crammed on the subway, or having to get up early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home