Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, October 20, 2005

The reading!

I had SO much fun at last night's reading, I can't even tell you. Happy Ending is the coolest, most accomodating and awesome place to have a reading ever. They were totally generous and fun and it's such a sexy setting, it made the evening extra perfect. Photos coming soon.

Scotty the Blue Bunny wowed us all with his see-through blue sequined outfit and killer lucite heels and magnificent poetry that was full of innuendo, about drinking, shoes and Ducky Doolittle, when not about gay buttsex. He charmed the crowd as only he can.

Martha Garvey read part of her story "How To Fuck a President So It Means Something or 'Q'" (whether you were there or not, check it out). She read about fucking John Quincy Adams, and had the best line - "I've come from the future to fuck you," but told me she left out other Presidents and Eleanor Roosevelt for the sake of time!

Miss Meghan Cleary not only told me my Fluevogs mean that I like to have fun and am playful, but read some very suggestive poetry, had a little Mama Gena's reunion with Martha and Nichelle, and namechecked Betty Dodson, not to mention looked stunning doing so.

Jennifer Whitlock read from her story "Sex With His Ex," which takes place at a swing club, and was just getting to the juicy parts but I had to cut her off, though she worked a little of it in.

I read an oldie but goodie, "Lap Dance Lust," one of my favorites. It's about my first lap dance, at Cheetah's in LA, and one of the reasons I love it is because it's very hot, and I did this thing where the words speed up when the lap dance starts, so it's fun to read, but I also love it because there's no sex in it. No kissing even. But it's still definitely erotica.

Also, Meghan and Scotty both invoked their grandmas - how sweet. It's weird sometimes for me to reread old stories - they're hot still, but sometimes they just don't speak to me in the same way. Maybe my tastes have changed, what turns me on has changed, and that's good if it has, because then those stories capture a moment in time, a memory, a certain place for me in my life. Anyway, I'll post the November lineup as soon as I have it finalized.

Thank you to everyone who showed up, from the strangers to the people I know, especially Nichelle, Allison, who brought cupcakes, and Heidi, who photographed using two cameras and made a fashion statement in the process - you guys were so supportive and cheering and hooting and hollering. Maybe the candy made you more feisty, or everyone's saucy words.

So much fun stuff planned for the next readings, and I even have some speakers set for March and April. TBA once everything's all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home